: Portland, OR
: Full Time
Department:Position Overview:Essential Job Functions:Requirements:Benefits:To Apply:
The position of Warehouse Lead is crucial to our clients' experience in our warehouse. Our staff must connect and interact with a wide variety of people. We are visited by homeowners, designers, architects, builders, and fabricators. The primary responsibility of warehouse lead is to lead the warehouse staff in performing their core responsibilities to help customers find the right materials for their projects and put it on hold. Their secondary responsibility is to help operational functions of the warehouse staff such as loading and unloading slabs and help maintaining a clean and organized warehouse.
- Educate and monitor warehouse staff regarding safe working practices.
- Work with the Branch Manager to ensure safe working environment within the warehouse space.
- Monitor warehouse activity to maintain processes are being followed for material handling and inventory control.
- Conduct quarterly inventory cycle counts for all warehouse items.
- Assist customers as needed in viewing materials in the warehouse.
- Ensure that all incoming shipments are properly inspected, counted and received.
- Assist in order entry, processing, and related documentation in the order desk when necessary.
- Unload incoming trucks and containers of products.
- Load delivery vehicle(s) as needed.
- Load customer trucks as needed.
- Participate in the labeling, cutting, and organization of all material samples for the branch.
- Participate in preparation, packaging, and shipping of orders for customers, other branches, or distributors.
- Assist in processing, packaging, and shipping of promotional items and samples to customers as needed.
- Assist outside sales staff with sample needs.
- Monitor and report sample/promotional item inventory to Branch Manager.
- Other task as assigned.
- Educate & monitor warehouse staff regarding customer service expectations.
- Maintain highest level of organization & cleanliness in the warehouse.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years experiences in Warehouse/General Labor.
- Minimum 2 years experiences in Customer Services.
- Available to work full time Monday through Friday and 9:00 AM- 2:00 PM on Saturdays. Experienced heavy duty forklift driver.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs.
- Stellar customer service.
- Experience with bar codes and scanner is a plus.
- Detail oriented. Motivation to go above and beyond expectations.
- Comfortable in a fast paced atmosphere.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Initiative to tackle new projects and work independently after projects are assigned.
- Able to manage time effectively.
- Flexible attitude, team oriented, highly personable, and positive mind-set.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Multilingual in Spanish or Russian is a plus.
- Starting wage - DOE
- Comprehensive life package including health, dental, vision, and life.
- 401K, paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.
- Beautiful work environment and a hard-working team of coworkers.
Or email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Warehouse Lead, Portland, OR" in the email subject line.