: Seattle, WA
: Full Time
Department:Position Overview:Essential Job Functions:Requirements:Benefits:To Apply:
Purchasing associate is responsible for following approved company practices to ensure that the activities involved with procuring goods are done in a timely manner to ensure sufficient inventory levels for all branches.
- Monitor inventory levels in multiple warehouses by reviewing stock reorder reports on a scheduled basis.
- Communicate with sales and marketing to determine future product needs.
- Answer purchasing questions from all other associates including sales associates and operations personnel.
- Prepare purchase orders, review proforma invoices and arrange transportation of goods.
- Prepare purchase orders for special order items and commercial projects. Confirm with associates that customers have been charged the correct price, freight and that required deposits and signatures have been received. Clearly communicates lead times, shipping information and other related information back to the appropriate associate.
- Maintain current purchase order status so that ETA's and in transit reports remain as accurate as possible.
- Solve damaged and defective item related issues by communicating with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action. Initiate and communicate claims and credits with accounting and receiving.
- Order samples, displays, marketing materials as needed by other departments.
- Request current pricelists and communicate with file maintenance associates of any updates to pricing, cost or other item information.
- Communicate effectively with sales, sales desk, marketing, file maintenance, warehouse, and showroom associates about new products, closeouts, sales and discontinued items. Ensure that the appropriate departments are notified of arrivals of regular stocking items as well.
- Communicate with Receiving Associate regarding incoming shipments, container deliveries and paperwork.
- Help in researching freight bills and/or problems in incorrect billing of freight.
- Approve invoices and wire transfers for payment.
- Ensure that paperwork arrives in Fife before the deadlines set by accounting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Common sense.
- Strong, positive communicator, team player.
- Ability to multitask.
- Accepts challenges and change as a means to improve.
- Dependable and trustworthy.
- 1 – 2 years of experience in Customer Service, Sales Desk or Purchasing.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- MS Excel / Word - competent working skills.
- Dancik International software experience – desirable.
- Starting wage - DOE.
- Comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life.
- 401K, paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.
- Beautiful work environment and a hard-working team of coworkers.
Or email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Purchasing Associate - Seattle" in the email subject line.