Showroom Design Consultant
: Seattle, WA
: Full Time
Department:Position Overview:Essential Job Functions:Requirements:Benefits:To Apply:
The key to this position is an outgoing, friendly, genial interaction with a wide range of people. In this job, it is very important to connect with other people, to meet new and different people on a day-to-day basis, to quickly form new relationships, and to use those relationships to get work done. This job requires great attentiveness to other people, the ability to read other people, to listen to them, and to emphasize with them. The work centers on working with and through other people. Communication is almost always a persuasive manner. A lively enthusiasm is necessary. Personal interactions will generally be upbeat and cheerful, requiring someone who is warm, helpful, and friendly. Others must be put at ease and feel welcome. A faster than average pace will be the norm for this position. There will be a fair degree of variety from one day to the next, especially with regard to personal interactions. There will be several “pots on the fire” at once, therefore the job requires one to shift from task to task quickly, and maintain a strong sense of urgency to keep everything going smoothly.
- Provide exceptional advice and guidance to customers to aid in their decision process.
- Build rapport and creditability in a professional and positive manner.
- Communicate technical and aesthetic information articulately and accurately.
- Develop product knowledge continually.
- Keep showroom organized and tidy.
- Assist with product display merchandising.
- Label samples and maintain information files.
- Provide samples and information to customers.
- Exercise solid decision making, take the initiative, and work effectively and openly with other teammates.
- Navigate computer to provide pricing, specification information, and stock levels.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially in customer service.
- Interest and knowledge in design.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of basic math and common computer programs.
- Starting wage - DOE.
- Comprehensive life package including health, dental, vision, and life.
- 401K, paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.
- Beautiful work environment and a hard-working team of coworkers.
Or email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Seattle Showroom Design Consultant" in the email subject line.