Slab Sales Representative
: Portland, OR
: Full Time
Department:Position Overview:Essential Job Functions:Requirements:Benefits:To Apply:
This is sales position with a strong emphasis on outside sales. The position will also involve some inside sales assisting clients in the warehouse selecting slabs and coordinating shipments. The focus of this job is to build relationships with fabricators and kitchen & bath shops within assigned territory to promote the use of Pental Surfaces products vs. competitors within the market, including PentalQuartz, and ultimately maintain and increase overall slab sales. There will be occasional overlap with the dealer representative in the territory. While the job requires strong initiative and self-direction, results are only achieved with and through people. A sincere appreciation for people and how they are each uniquely motivated is the foundation for implementing interactive communication and decision-making processes. Knowledge and skill in how to successfully influence and persuade others by understanding how their individual needs and motivations is essential. The job requires a high degree of “selling”, whether of ideas and policies within the organization, or products or services in the marketplace. The job environment is fast paced and results oriented. While there is urgency to goal achievement, responsibility for the achievement of results needs to be shared and effectively delegated when necessary. A self-confident, extroverted style that can engage and positively impact individuals and groups is essential. The job has variety of tasks and is dynamic and changing. The ability to understand, quickly react and motivate others is a critical key to success. In general, the core of this position requires a self-motivated individual that works well within a team environment.
- Build relationships with fabricator and kitchen and bath shops within the specified market. This will be done through product knowledge presentations, showroom displays, sample maintenance, and product/literature updates.
- Maintain profiles of all clientele in Pental Surfaces database.
- Understand the abilities and limits of fabricators to be able to professionally recommend those who are qualified for specific projects.
- Provide customer base with necessary documents, pricing, and samples.
- Provide product training and assist with relationships between dealer and fabricators.
- Keep database records of all materials in customer locations (binders, samples, displays, etc.).
- Schedule and make presentations with supplier factory reps when requested.
- Visit customers and job sites as needed to provide product support and technical expertise.
- Actively participate in local chapters of trade associations. (ASID, NKBA, etc.)
- Document, track, and follow through all known jobs to order completion.
- Provide material quotes to fabricators as necessary for all projects in progress.
- Manage any customer claims from you assigned territory.
- Provide training to fabricators within the assigned territory for all products, including PentalQuartz.
- Communicate frequently with commercial sales team to be sure all projects are covered from the fabrication/installation point.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Must have minimum 4 years tile and/or stone industry experience.
- Highly self-motivated and disciplined.
- Understanding of computers and CRM systems.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Dependable vehicle.
- Clean driving record and proof of insurance.
- Starting wage - DOE.
- Comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life.
- 401K, paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.
- Beautiful work environment and a hard-working team of coworkers.
Or email resume and cover letter to Melda Whitney, HR Manager email@example.com with "Slab Sales Representative, Portland, OR" in the email subject line.